Thursday, March 9, 2017

Morocco Travel Diary- Fes, Part One



Hi guys!

I just came back from Germany a couple of days ago and I'm still trying to adjust to the real life... It's been a busy Spring as far as traveling is concerned and I couldn't be happier! I cannot wait to start planing my next sweet escape! We might be going to Italy in May (fingers crossed), but until then I'm making sure I share every detail of my trips with those of you who enjoy this kind of posts. I, for one, am crazy about traveling, I watch travel vlogs almost every day and I love reading about people's experiences and adventures.

Getting back on track with my Morocco travel diary, today I'm going to show you how we spent our first day in Fes. On our way from Rabat to Fes we made a quick stop to Meknes to see the famous city gate. The gate was beautiful indeed, but other than that, I would not suggest visiting the city (reviews on the internet are a bit overrated). We arrived in Fes some time after noon and went straight to the Riad (Riad Sanaa Rose, Fes El Bali) to check in and ask our host for some suggestions as to what we could visit. Getting information at the hotel is the best thing you can do, people there are usually very helpful and could provide the best advice. In Rabat, the hotel owner had suggested to book a guide in Fes to visit the Medina. She told us we could easily get lost in the maze-like streets and lose precious time. We took her advice, booked a guide, and by the end of the day, it proved to be the best decision. Not only did he take us to visit key spots inside the medina, different artisans, the famous tanneries, but he also shared a bit of history and fun facts along the way.

First he took us to a panoramic spot, from where we could see the entire city, and pointed us towards different attractions. Then we went forward to visit the Medina.

We were able to visit an old madrasa, a type of school for the study of religion, a ceramics factory, leather and rugs artisans' shops,  spices and argan oil stores. Every single one of the places had a little background story, so the trip was pretty informative. Not to mention we got to also buy souvenirs in the process, which was great.

The Medina was super crowded and noisy and it painted a perfect image of the agitation and restlessness of the Moroccan people! It was a wonderful and enjoyable day and it was a real pleasure to experience a culture that's so different from our own.

I hope you'll enjoy the photos! Talk to you soon!

Love,

Mamalina

Oufit details:
Shirt: Kenzo for H&M
Jeans & Bomber: H&M

































2 comments:

  1. La fel de frumoase pozele ca intotdeauna, mi-au placut la nebunie! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It would be a total waste if I buy something expensive and only wear it for a few times. So,after reading your article. I finally made my decision with a "http://www.rosegal.com/rose-print-dress/shop/".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for your sweet comments! They mean the world! Hugs!