Thursday, December 8, 2016

Turning red

Hi guys!

Today's post is all about this little red dress. I remember my childhood years, when my Mom used to dress me in red all the time. I probably wore red to all the parties I went to as a kid. But I got lost somewhere along the way and forgot how much I adore this color and how much happiness and sweet memories it brings me.

It's the perfect touch of color for festive outfits, and one thing I'm totally into is dressing for a specific season. And now that the winter holidays are just around the corner, you'll probably see a lot of green and red in my outfits. This dress though... it was an instant mood booster for me. I don't usually wear this style of dress, I'm mostly into flare skirts and dresses, but I kinda felt the need to bring sexy back just a little bit :) (it might be the 30's crisis, who knows?!?). Anyway, I loved how it made me feel, I felt feminine, elegant, confident (and confidence is something I usually lack), but at the time I felt spunky and fresh.
I was thinking today about how I'm really digging the weather right now... It's freezing, but at least it's sunny. I hold my hopes up for a white Christmas, because we're going to spend it in our hometown, and snow adds a pretty magical element to the holidays. But I'm also enjoying how things are at the moment.

On a different note, I can't wait for next week when my parents and in-laws are driving to Bucharest to go to the theater with us. We bought the tickets as a Christmas present for them, because living in such a small town doesn't provide them with the appropriate cultural experiences and we thought they would enjoy a distraction form their day to day go to work-come home-cook-eat-sleep routine. I love it when the six of us spend time together and I'm sure we're going to have a blast!

I wish you all a wonderful week ahead and a month full of magic!

Love,

Mamalina

Outfit details:

Dress: H&M
Shoes: Mango



















1 comment:

  1. My mum used to dress me up in red clothes too! I wore red my entire childhood until I decided I hate it and stopped wearing it until 3 years ago when I started to love it again!

    I love to dress up for the holidays too, paint my nails in Christmass-y colors, wear red lipstick all the time and gold jewelry!

    That red beauty fits you perfectly and I think you should wear this type of dresses/skirts more often, you really look amazing and so feminine!

    Again, beautiful photos!

    Kisses and hugs, sweet one! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for your sweet comments! They mean the world! Hugs!